Dirt Artisans: A Leader in Natural Surface Trails
- Specializes in Natural Surface Trail design, construction, and maintenance.
- Sustainable, cost-effective rugged paths for hiking, running, and off-road biking.
- Natural Surface Trails cost significantly less while maintaining higher aesthetic value over other path systems.
- Provides the full spectrum of artistic earth sculpting for self-propelled activities, from Complete Trail Systems to aesthetically pleasing walkways around the house and yard.
- Skilled in traditional hand-built track techniques, as well as equipped for machine-built Progressive Trails that quickly and conscientiously construct natural surface trails.
- Just like roads, trails need modernizing too; Dirt Artisans has over 20 yearscombined experience in Trail Service.
- New Trail Design and Construction
- Concept and Master Plan development
- Trail Surface Hardening
- Trail Maintenance
- Invasive Species Eradication
- Trail Education, Training and Presentations
- Stone Work: steps, walkways, walls, and features
- ADA Trails
- Wood Work: kiosk, bridges, and bike-specific wood features
- Volunteer Management Services
Chad Irey, founder and principal hands-on designer of Dirt Artisans, has been a life-long outdoor enthusiast, cyclist, hiker, and outdoor recreation advocate. He has cycled, hiked, camped and explored trails and natural pathways around the world. Enthused and indoctrinated into the beauty and basics of trail building after his early competitive “career” in BMX, road and all disciplines of mountain bike racing, he then completed 6000+ hours of volunteer trail work efforts (since 1997) before turning his passion into his profession in 2010. He is also a trade carpenter.
- Greater Cincinnati Off-Road Alliance Volunteer Leader (1997 to present)
- Devou Park Trail Expansion Lead Volunteer (2005 to present)
- Kentucky Mountain Bike Association Chairman (2008 – 2010)
- Covington Outdoor Environmentalists Stewardship Award (2012)
- National Bike Summit attendee (2012)
- IMBA Regional Trail Conference Trainer (2013)
- Professional Trail Builder Association Conference Attendee and
|Copyright 2014 Dirt Artisans All rights reserved.|